divorce360.com provides help, advice and community for people
contemplating, going through or recovering from divorce and the issues around it,
including separation, divorce laws, spousal support and emotional issues.


Read more posts in group: Legal Answers



Find divorce professionals in your area

Find lawyers
Find financial professionals
Find coaches

My Ex won't give me my kids back! He used his new girlfriend to tell me!

I am a firefighter and work 24hour shifts. I work 10 days a month and have the other days off. We have joint custody with him having physical custody, I'm trying to work on getting joint physical custody. Our visitation agreement simply states that I can see them basically whenever I want I just have to give him ample notice. I gave him a years notice with my schedule. About two weeks ago he decided that he wanted to have the kids every other weekend. I didn't agree to this because of my job I only have one free weekend a month so it wasn't fair to me. I was willing to compromise and give him two weekends of the month that I was working as long as I got my free weekend with them and part of another weekend that I was working. He didn't agree to that either and said I would be hearing from the lawyer. Well I never heard from the lawyer and I was supposed to pick them up tomorrow when I get off of work at 0830 and he has refused to let me get them because he says, "Remember we are doing every other weekend now." NO we aren't!!!! I didn't agree to that!!!! He hung the phone up on me and then when I called the house phone he had his girlfriend answer it and then she gave the phone to the kids and I had to explain to the kids that I wanted to see them tomorrow but that I couldn't. WTF!!!! What can I do? Can the police help me with this?

by jlt   1 Post
Posted on 12/26/2009 11:03 AM

Get AlertsGet Alerts!
Sent to Friendsend to friend

Comments for "divorce360.com | My Ex won't give me my kids back! He used his new girlfriend to tell me!"  (2) (You must be logged in to answer)

If you sent your schedule to him giving him notice and you have proof of this letter and you have a copy of the visitation agreement that was signed by both of you. I would call your local police department and ask for assistance. They may or may not help you. Then you should also call and see about making report on him so in the future if you choose to take it to court you have the reports to show that he may be a problem with it comes to seeing your kids.
by MommyJean   51 Posts
Posted on 1/8/2010 10:44 AM

No the poilce can't help you because your visitation is not specific. They can't enforce something that isn't truly black and while in writing you get children x day at x time...

You need to file in court to get your visitation specific. The whole discretionary thing NEVER works. He doesn't have the right to keep you from your children at his whim, but he can with the way you have this set up.

by spaznskitz   11339 Posts
Posted on 12/26/2009 2:56 PM

Divorce360.com is not a substitute for advice from a lawyer, accountant, financial planner, therapist or other professional to obtain advice. Divorce360.com is not intended to, and should not, take the place of professional advice. The opinions expressed in the divorce360.com message boards are those of the author and the author alone. Divorce360.com does not endorse any specific product or service.

expand information center
divorce360.com's ecards
divorce focused content ::
divorce most popular ::
1. 14 Real Life Ways To Save Money
Do Divorce And Money Mix?

2. You Just Found Out They Cheated, Now What?
8 Things You May Not Know About Cheating

3. African-Americans and Marriage
African-Americans are Less Likely to Marry and More Likely to Divorce, Studies Show

4. Don't Get Even...Get Mad
Yes, Anger Can Save Your Relationship. Here's How.

5. Divorce = $100,000
Love is Grand, but When It's Gone, Divorce Can Cost More Than Twenty Grand