Community  :: kitty7470's Stuff  :: kitty7470's Blog

I am so sick of this divorce process

I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to become the longest married /divorcing person ever.  When does it just stop?

My stbx wanted all of this, but boy does he stall.

I was way too hurt and bruised by all of this in the beginning, but now I just want my life back.  I want him out of it, and if I never see or talk to him again, I'm fine with it.  In fact, I'd prefer it.

He's been looking for a job in another state, and if I could get him to sign any paperwork to end this marriage I'd buy his damn plane ticket to Arizona.

I got a letter today from my attorney, who sent me a letter that his attorney sent her.  The stbx found someone to help me refinance my house, and it can be done as quickly as two weeks.  Talk about being disposed of.

What a piece of work he is.  I hope I can get this house refinanced.  I hope he quits his job and moves to Arizona with her.  When she beats the living crap out of him, he's on his own.  It's pretty obvious he prefers that kind of woman now.

Given the right circumstances, anyone can change their values and moral fiber.  I pray mine never change.

I'm a firm believer that God has a plan for all of us, but for the life of me I can't understand why I'm being put through this hell.

I think I'm going to write my own serenity prayer.  "I don't care if you go away angry, bitter or indifferent.  Just go AWAY."

by Kitty7470  3794 Posts

Posted on 6/11/2010 9:33 PM

<< Previous Post  |  Blog posts by Kitty7470  |  Next Post >>

Comments for "I am so sick of this divorce process"  (15) (You must be logged in to answer)

I guess this divorce will be one long test of patience. I filed in March. So far the only thing done is I had to go to a career evaluation.  Everything else, he has canceled or postponed, included the hearing for temporary relief.  It is so frustrating.  I, too, want him to just go away.  Reading others' replies about waiting years is not encouraging.  I thought I'd be divorced by the fall.  Now I realize how naive that was.

I just try to remind myself that I am moving forward without him and, now that he has moved out, I do not have to see him every day.  That does help.  It's not enough, but it helps.  Keep me posted. Your success will be an encouragement to me!
by Bradylady   397 Posts
Posted on 6/17/2010 10:36 PM

I'm well into Year 2. Hang in there.
by sarthur2   860 Posts
Posted on 6/16/2010 9:55 PM

You sound like you're doing the work that he's responsible for.  I wish I understood how one person can want out of the marriage but expect the other one to "take care of it."  Same thing going on with me ... except 3 weeks ago I told him I couldn't work at divorce any more as I broke my arm and needed to focus on me for once.  No comment at all from him.  And I'm rather enjoying my time away from the divorce work.  I don't recommend breaking your arm ... but I do recommend finding a way to let him do the hard part!
by fondlyx2   920 Posts
Posted on 6/16/2010 9:19 PM

September will be 2 years so far for me.  Stbx keeps cancelling our settlement conference.

I agree with you, and I put it this way:  "Don't leave mad, just LEAVE!"

For someone who cheated so much, she certainly knows how to stall.  I wish you luck on the refinance - sounds like you are healing nicely!
by HereIgo   960 Posts
Posted on 6/16/2010 9:18 PM

Hi Kitty -

I don't even want to tell you how long my divorce took...  it doesn't matter.  In the end, you will be free.

Best -
Lisa
by Lisa Cannon
Posted on 6/16/2010 9:09 PM

Hi Kitty -

Best -
Lisa
by Lisa Cannon
Posted on 6/16/2010 9:09 PM

Hugs, Kitty.  Karma will bite him eventually.  You might even get to see.
by stCheshirecat   2625 Posts
Posted on 6/12/2010 10:25 PM

It took 13 months for my divorce to be final, and then 4 more months to finish all the quadro. It did seem like it went on forever. What a relief when it was all done.
(((((hugs)))))))
by sjg   3035 Posts
Posted on 6/12/2010 9:42 AM

Keep your head up Kitty - there with ya - my STBX is refusing to pay for menial bal of daughter's braces I paid bulk of in cash with - and has now been holding onto insurance checks for floods in the basement for reimbursement to contractors who are now threatening suit if not paid - Ijust HOPE I'm there when karma comes back and kicks he and his whore into the gutter for good - right where they belong.
by angeladvntg   69 Posts
Posted on 6/12/2010 8:27 AM

Hugs to you Kitty....you know my divorce was final four months ago but we still have what I will term "issues" to work out....I know the feeling of wanting it to just end.

I hope for you it ends....maybe we need to rewrite marriage vows...until you just go away...I hope this goes in your direction.

Arizona is hot...let the devil move into a climate that he will burn in.
by Joyful   2709 Posts
Posted on 6/12/2010 6:57 AM

Kitty, I had the fastest divorce on record once I filed, but I had done three years of work getting every record and receipt I could get my hands on.  I was a mess.  I can't imagine it dragging on more.  I know that you tried to reconcile, too, and that might feel like wasted time to you.  Hang in there, Kitty, your life will soon be your own again.
Posted on 6/12/2010 5:39 AM

Once I had it in my head and heart that the marriage was over, it seemed to drag on forever...

Good luck in getting your prayer answered...for him to just go away. :D
by militaryp   5612 Posts
Posted on 6/11/2010 11:37 PM

Oh my friend kitty, just this very weekend i was feeling this very same way, my divorce if finally over but the part of me getting mt kids 50% of the time, it's beyond a nightmare, your not in it alone, many blessings.
by Betrayedforaram   646 Posts
Posted on 6/11/2010 10:55 PM

I hear you. I'm sick of it, too, and I've barely started. stbx has dragged his feet through what we've been through so far. I am so looking forward to having it over and done. It had better be worth the wait.

We're here for you - hang in there! As Winston Churchill said: "When you're going through hell - Keep going!"
by JulieG   5763 Posts
Posted on 6/11/2010 9:49 PM

I know a couple, people I used to babysit for, who spent 4 years in the process.  I could not imagine!

I don't know what to say- mine stalled a little bit, but in the end didn't get anymore than what we had negotiated.

Gawd, I so feel for you!
by Dactyl   5794 Posts