Community  :: midwriter's Stuff  :: midwriter's Blog

Finally made the plunge

Rented my own apartment this week, a 1 Bedroom.  My son can come and visit, though he probably will be reluctant as we don't get along well.

Parents are not supportive and don't believe I can "make it" even though I'm MIDDLE AGE for crying out loud!

Friends are excited, say I need to get away from the verbal assaults and mistreatment.

I don't think a 65 yr old will wake up any time soon, so I don't expect him to change.

I will start the filing process after I get settled, either separation or right to divorce?  Not sure.

There are a lot of questions, but as far as moving out, it is easier than expected.  Thanks to my good friends, they solved a lot of my issues.

It is expensive, no doubt, and I don't have regular income, but I will work all that out later on.

Parents are worried he will sue for 1/2 house payment since he has our son.  But we will see.  He doesn't do much in life, so I don't see him doing that, either.  That would take a lot of effort and money.

We are worried about our 13 yr old being here alone sometimes, but it would only be a few hours.  I would need ideas for summer, though.

by midwriter  11 Posts

Posted on 9/24/2009 11:09 PM

<< Previous Post  |  Blog posts by midwriter  |  Next Post >>

Comments for "Finally made the plunge"  (6) (You must be logged in to answer)

Well, no one did deter me.  We divorced last June.  I was sick on & off, probably from the stress & forgot my password here.  But wanted to check in.  Thanks for everyone's encouragement and not doubting me.  Verbal abuse is real!  I want others to know this.
by midwriter   11 Posts
Posted on 10/11/2010 12:21 AM

Thanks everyone!  I am settling in.  I had 1 friend that took 2 huge loads for me, the rest I've been moving
a little at a time.  Now I have to figure out the next step.  It is all very
strange but feels good to "rest" at night.
by midwriter   11 Posts
Posted on 10/2/2009 10:17 PM

Good for you! I wish you well.
by sjg   3034 Posts
Posted on 9/25/2009 1:15 AM

You left an abusive relationship and now you are gaining your independency back, that's fantastic.  I'm sure that by the time next summer rolls around you'll have something figured out for your son.  He's 13 so he may be getting rebellious but keep letting him know how much you love him and he'll grow out of it and appreciate you for making this move.
by lifeinpurgatory   1924 Posts
Posted on 9/25/2009 12:02 AM

It's a good feeling in making a decision without our stbxs.  It gives a sense of taking back control of our lives.
Many Blessings.
by Betrayedforaram   642 Posts
Posted on 9/24/2009 11:38 PM

Good for you! You seem determined and focused. Try not to let your parents concerns deter you from your goal, they are probably very worried about you because they love you. Perhaps they also worry you might be in need of some financial help and they don't feel prepard to offer it. And children most of the time find change difficult to accept and althought it is hard not to take his attitude personally, I think he will come around when he sees you calmer and happier. It's important that you assure your son your new place is his home too, even if he spends more time at his dad's house. All the best!
by gemi   1124 Posts
Posted on 9/24/2009 11:26 PM

1. 14 Real Life Ways To Save Money
Do Divorce And Money Mix?

2. You Just Found Out They Cheated, Now What?
8 Things You May Not Know About Cheating

3. African-Americans and Marriage
African-Americans are Less Likely to Marry and More Likely to Divorce, Studies Show

4. Don't Get Even...Get Mad
Yes, Anger Can Save Your Relationship. Here's How.

5. Dr. Romance: Boundaries with your Ex