divorce360.com provides help, advice and community for people
contemplating, going through or recovering from divorce and the issues around it,
including separation, divorce laws, spousal support and emotional issues.

Community  :: christina-rowe's Stuff  :: christina-rowe's Blog

  click here 
Personal Tags

Find divorce professionals in your area

Find lawyers
Find financial professionals
Find coaches
You can search for Blogs by tag here:

Invite Others
Invite friends and family to join you on d360! - Click here

How to Get a Deadbeat to Pay Child Support 

 If you are a single parent and your ex refuses to pay child support, you may be at your wit's end trying to collect the child support owed your children. It is a frustrating, long process if you are dealing with a deadbeat who works off the books, hides money or moves from state to state.


The child support enforcement agencies can only do so much and they are overloaded with cases. Private investigators are expensive and you may feel like you have reached a dead end.


 I recently found a website that may help you in tracking down your ex and finding the evidence you need to collect the back support owed. EmailRevealer.com has a few services that are affordable and can give you the proof you need to bring your ex back into family court. Here are a few of the services that can help:


1. A background check. For $99.00 they will give you, addresses (10 Years),a list of relatives ,assets ,judgments, liens lawsuits, bankruptcies and UCC filings


 2. Locating a current employer. The price for this service is not listed on the site. If you provide a social security number, address and name, they can find the current employer your ex is working for.


 3. Asset Search. This one is pricey at $399.00 but you will get a complete list of your ex's assets including:

Real Estate

Investments: Stocks / Bonds/Mutual Funds




Bank Accounts: Checking and Savings

Trust Accounts



The company also lists email trace reports and many other services on their website. If you find any information on your ex that can help you in the collection of child support, you should either file a motion at your family court or if your case is handle by a state child support enforcement agency, contact your case worker and turn the information over.


Remember, you must be persistent. That may mean calling your case worker every few days so that your case dos not get lost in the shuffle. The state agencies can also do searches for bank accounts and employers for you for free, but they are slow and it can take a considerable amount of time to get results.


Click here to read a free chapter of Seven Secrets to a Successful Divorce...

by Christina-Rowe  298 Posts 

Posted on 12/29/2008 12:36 PM
Get AlertsGet Alerts!
Sent to Friendsend to friend

Tags: child support , collecting child support , deadbeat dad , deadbeat parents ,
deadbeat mom , child support enforcement agency , christina rowe
<< Previous Post  |  Blog posts by Christina-Rowe  |  Next Post >>

Comments for "How to Get a Deadbeat to Pay Child Support"  (0) (You must be logged in to answer)

Divorce360.com is not a substitute for advice from a lawyer, accountant, financial planner, therapist or other professional to obtain advice. Divorce360.com is not intended to, and should not, take the place of professional advice. The opinions expressed in the divorce360.com message boards are those of the author and the author alone. Divorce360.com does not endorse any specific product or service.

expand information center
divorce360.com's ecards
divorce focused content ::
divorce most popular ::
1. 14 Real Life Ways To Save Money
Do Divorce And Money Mix?

2. You Just Found Out They Cheated, Now What?
8 Things You May Not Know About Cheating

3. African-Americans and Marriage
African-Americans are Less Likely to Marry and More Likely to Divorce, Studies Show

4. Divorce = $100,000
Love is Grand, but When It's Gone, Divorce Can Cost More Than Twenty Grand

5. Don't Get Even...Get Mad
Yes, Anger Can Save Your Relationship. Here's How.